Saturday, April 14, 2007

Vacation!

My "spring" vacation started a day early as the second major April snowstorm dropped a good 12" on the ground, causing school to be cancelled. Originally we just had a two hour delay, so I figured I'd probably better go to school. I cleaned off my car, made it out of the driveway and followed a plow truck for about five miles when my principal called to say that they had gone ahead and cancelled school. I turned around and headed back home, relieved I wasn't going to have to drive forty miles on back country roads. I felt even better when I got home and did two loads of laundry, washed the dishes, cleaned the counter and did general pick up - all before breakfast! Of course, I didn't do much the rest of the day, but at least my morning was productive.

Bear and I went to Bangor today to get the stuff for invitations. It was a bit problematic to figure out what exactly I needed (I totally forgot that I am going to have to cut the paper, so either I have to buy a paper cutter or go to school one day next week to do it there), but I did get most of it. We went to Office Depot to get envelopes and got plain white ones with an easy-open tear-off end. They don't look like your standard invitation envelopes, but then, I'm not making standard invitations, am I? I will be creating the designs and layouts today or tomorrow, as well as the RSVP cards, and will post them as soon as I get a chance.

~Amalia~

PS I'm posting the pictures of the LAST snowstorm, finally. The pictures were taken April 5, 2007. We got ANOTHER 12" Thursday night, remember!

No comments: