Friday, August 31, 2007

First Week

The first week of school is almost over. I can't believe how tired I am already! I had so much energy all summer, but all week I've been exhausted as soon as I got home. I'm hoping that the fact that it's Friday will be enough to keep me going. Bear and I are going to my parents' house tomorrow to babysit their dogs while they are visiting relatives. We weren't looking forward to it... in fact I was kind of dreading it (I hate two of their three dogs). But Bear learned that his godsister K has moved to that area and we can visit every time we go south. Bear is pleased. So am I. There isn't really much to do at my parents' except visit them, and I can only take so much of that.
I've met about half of my students so far (I will meet the rest on Tuesday). I like them. I'm predicting a better year than last year. The only fly in the ointment, if you can call it that, is that I can't seem to remember my name. I keep calling myself Ms. Monroe, not Mrs. Kinne. It may be pertinent to know that it is necessary at times to refer yourself in the third person. I can't seem to remember my married name! Last year's kids can't remember, either. Some of them have flat out refused to call me by other than my maiden name. I don't really care.... is that a problem? I'm just glad that they all seemed to miss me.

The weather is cooler, apples are almost ripe... it is definitely back to school time.

~Amalia~

No comments: