Friday, January 26, 2007

TGIF

I'm so glad today is Friday. I am beginning to think that five-day workweeks are just one day too long. Bear and I both went home early yesterday as we were feeling like crap, and slept most of the afternoon away. Of course, we felt guilty for doing that so we are both at work today. It isn't so bad for me, but this is the coldest day of the whole winter and Bear works outside for half of the day. Poor guy. I am feeling a bit better today, and my voice is coming back FINALLY. I sounded like a suffocating bullfrog for FOUR DAYS! I've never lost my voice this long before. It sucked. I was trying to discuss the finer points of To Kill a Mockingbird, but had to push so hard to get my voice out that I was exhausted by lunch. Today finally wasn't as bad. Actually overall, I feel pretty perky today... except for my kidneys. My back hurts today, and is growing slowly worse. I was hoping that it was just menstrual cramps, but I don't think that's what it is. I'm pretty sure it's my kidneys. I'm going to have to call my doctor because I don't remember ever hearing that Mono made your kidneys hurt. Spleen, yes. Kidneys, no.

Seriously - will I EVER feel totally better again?!

Aside from all of my recent health issues (which I'm sure you're sick of reading about by now), life is pretty good. My tax return this year is about $1,200; last year I had to pay in over $600 (I had to pay taxes on my Wheel of Fortune money). Bear and I are using the money for we wedding, so we can start paying the deposits and things that we need to reserve the vendors and equipment. I wanted to file electronically, but the stupid IRS won't let me until the first week of February because of some glitch that only affects teachers. GRRR. Oh well. I should still have my refund before Valentine's Day. Thank you, Turbo Tax!

That's all I've got for today... I hope people are visiting the blogs in my favorites list. Sue of Brite Hope has a hilarious story involving children, a cat, and a tub of Vick's Vapo-Rub. If you'd like me to link to your blog, leave me a comment and I'll check you (err, I mean your BLOG) out!

~Amalia~

No comments: