Friday, August 25, 2006

Happy Early Birthday!

Happy early birthday to Bear! His birthday is actually the 29th, but his party is tonight. I baked the cake this morning, and still have to decorate it. It is a Pillsbury Cookies and Cream cake with real Oreos! You didn't think I was making it from scratch, did you? I laugh at you. ;)
I have all of his presensts purchased, all though I may keep one present to give to him on Tuesday. His sister from California is in town, and I know she will want to throw him a party, so maybe I'll keep one gift just as a personal token from me to him. I know which one it's going to be, too.
He is the biggest kid ever. He doesn't want anyone to buy him presents, but once he knows you have, he can't stop asking you to give him hints about what it is or how much money you spent. I'm afraid I spent more money on him that he's going to be happy with, but you know what? He doesn't ever get to be spoiled. Both of his parents are gone, and his sisters were estranged until recently. I strongly believe, no, I KNOW that everyone deserves to be spoiled a little bit.

So I am going to do just that.

Truly, it is better to give than to receive, because seeing him open those gifts - the things he really wanted but wouldn't ask for - is going to be the best part of my day. I can't wait.

~Amalia~

No comments: