Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday is letter day!

I'm starting a new tradition on my blog. Starting today, I am going to write a letter each Tuesday to someone or something I feel needs/deserves it. Most letters will be to people, but some will be to my muffin top, or my house, or something else inanimate. I'm going to try to put up a poll for you to vote on next week's potential letter. Keep your eyes open!

Here is today's letter:

Dear Husband,
Sunday I posted about a frustration I feel often - about people not understanding me, not accepting who I am. It happens a lot more often than I like, and at times it can seem as though everyone is ganging up against me. In these times I know that you've got my back. You may be the only person apart from me that gets me - what makes me tick, what I need, how I think about things. As an example, you wrote this as a comment on my post (your second ever comment):
Never Give Up! Never Surrender! You are who you are. I fell in love with you for being the person who always had her own opinion and stood up for what she believed in.

Thank you for that. Thank you for having my back when no one else did, and for understanding that I needed to hear your support at what was a low moment for me. Your total and complete love for and acceptance of me humbles me and makes me love you all the more. I only wish that I have been as supportive of you in the past as you have of me. I am trying to follow your example more closely. I love you. Thank you.

Yours,
~Amalia~

2 comments:

Alice said...

Love the letters on Tuesday! I usually do a Top 5 Tuesdays, but sometimes I slack. I LOVE regular features on blogs. Keep it up. I'm going back to your mainpage to vote for next week's letter! :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Pictures of Shepards Pie? What for? YUCKO!!! I don't want a visual reminder of that crap!!

Hallie :)