Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You Probably Want To Know How It Went

Well, it didn't. My class, that is. I worked on a syllabus and power point presentation all weekend. I spent the hour after school furiously getting things together, nervous but excited. No one showed up. And I mean NO ONE. As each teacher left school for the day, they all stopped by my room. "What are you still doing here?" They asked. I had to explain to them that I was teaching a class, only my students weren't there yet. But they never showed up. I am disappointed, confused, and if I'm honest with myself, more than a little heartbroken. I was so looking forward to this class! Not just for the money (which would be half of the down payment on a new vehicle), but for the joy of teaching what I want, how I want. It isn't often that I get to do that any more.
So where do I go from here? I'm not really sure. Part of me is still hoping that this class will happen. Part of me is disaffected with teaching entirely. I'm sure I'll snap out of it eventually. The question is in which direction?

No comments: