Monday, January 28, 2008

This Week

There is so much going on this week! I guess this post is a sort of continuation of the last one. Today I teach my first Adult Ed class from 3-6pm. I'm excited about it, but nervous, too - three hours is a long time! I am still working on my course syllabus and welcome presentation, but I should have those done during regular school hours today.
I have Tuesday off this week - I work at Rite Aid Wednesday through Saturday. Tuesday Bear and I are going to visit his sisters for dinner. I enjoy his sisters, so this should be a good time. I am going to try to ride the bike before we go, so that I don't have to ride it after. I also will probably make Bear's brother-in-law his favorite cookies for dessert.
As I already said, I work the rest of the week at Rite Aid. Saturday night is a night for catching up on chores, as well as for spending time with my darling husband. The past couple of weeks I feel like I've hardly seen Bear at all. We did have the entire weekend off together, though, and that was really awesome. We got a ton of stuff done around the house (including cleaning the upstairs bathroom, which hasn't been usable in over two years!). We also had a very frank and open discussion of our finances, which I think helped us both see where we are and where we need to go. We did our taxes this weekend and have already discussed where we'll be spending our refund.
If I'm not working this coming Sunday, Bear and I are heading down to Augusta to the Home Show. We'd like to build a pro-fab home when we finally can afford a new place. They've come a long way in the past ten years or so, and are really nice. They rent out the civic center and build homes right inside! It's pretty cool. My parents go every year, and I'd like to go with them.
There is, of course, the possibility that I will have to work Sunday night, which would mean no seeing my parents AND missing the Superbowl (or at least the start of it). I will be so disappointed if this happens! I love football, and aside from the ProBowl, this is the last chance I will have to see any football until September. I'm kind of sad about it.
Finally, my friend L-Unit and I haven't had any good bonding time at all lately. Her children are sick and we run pretty opposite schedules during the week. She wants us to go get pedicures soon, and I'd love to - I just don't know when that's going to be. I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks - I miss my L-Unit! I even miss her children C-unit and N-Dogg, too... just don't tell her I said so. ;)
~Amalia~

1 comment:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Don't beat yourself about not knowing about the jewelry - she has been making it for awhile but hasnt gotten really serious about her website until recently.

Glad you like her stuff!!

And thanks for entering the contest!

Hallie