Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I wanted ...

... to be able to tell you, a week after my last post, that I'd lost that last pound I wanted for the month.

... to be able to enjoy reaching double-digit weight loss success.

... to know that I could continue to lose weight without having to track every single calorie that I eat.

I failed.

In six days of not tracking, I've put on TWO POUNDS. I weighed in this morning at 168.2. I'm disgusted with myself, angry that my body reacts so quickly to an increase in calories, and pissed that I got so close just to have that ten pound goal snatched away. And I can't even be mad at the person who snatched it, because that person is ME! Well, okay, I can be mad at myself, and I am, but it would be easier if I had someone else to blame.
A book I read several years ago said, "focus on the solution, not the problem." So today, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm back to tracking my calories. I'm back to thinking very carefully before I eat something. I'm upping my exercise amounts and intensity. I'm going to lose those two pounds again, plus that third pound I wanted, by the end of the month. You'll see. And so will I. Thank you all for your kinds words of support on my last post! I am not going to let this minor setback get me down. I. Am. Going. To. Lose. This. Weight.

~Amalia~

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Big hug. Be gentle. I'm having a crappy eating healthy week too. You are making lifelong changes and doing amazing.

Heather said...

Thank you Jenny! That means a lot, as you are an inspiration to me. I look at the lifestyle changes you've made and how positively they have impacted your life, and I think to myself, "I want to do that, be that, live that!" You're right, these are lifelong changes - and that kind of change doesn't happen quickly or easily. Thank you for reminding me of that!