Monday, February 04, 2008

Another long week

I have so much more energy than I did last year, but working two or three jobs is enough to drain even the most energetic girl. I worked Wednesday through Saturday at Rite Aid and school, although I did call in sick to school on Friday. I needed the day off. I got some chores done and spent some time reading, but most of all I rested. Saturday after working all day at Rite Aid, we went south to my parents' house in Gardiner so we could go to the Augusta Home Show on Sunday. I hate sleeping at my parents' house, because ... well, because I can't. Sleep that is. We had to put the couch bed mattress on the floor because the couch frame is so uncomfortable. That wasn't too bad, but at four o'clock in the morning, my parents' stupid dogs started whining and barking. When two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers start that, there's no sleep to be had. So I got about four hours of sleep that night. Last night we were home, but the Superbowl was on and Bear's team was playing - there was no going to bed until that was over (around ten), and I had showered, etc. I can get by on one night of little sleep, but I'm getting too old to do it on two. I'm not in a great mood today - I think I will go to bed early tonight.

My adult ed class is on again for tonight - we'll have to see if anyone shows up this time, since they didn't last time. I still want to do is, but most of the excitement has worn off. I have to work Tuesday through Saturday this week at Rite Aid, so tonight will be the only night I'm home before eight p.m..

I'm just so frigging tired.

Ten more school days until February vacation. I don't know if I can make it.


In case you didn't notice, I updated my favorite blogs list. I took out some I don't visit as often and added a few I think you might enjoy. Please take some time and visit, won't you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, I almost forgot - guess what bomb my mom dropped into conversation this weekend?! My brother, known here as the Golden Child, has apparently decided that if he and his wife die in the next eighteen years, I am to become legal guardian of their son (known here as T-Rex). !!! I almost choked on my own spit when I heard that. Not only am I a TERRIBLE choice to be anyone's legal guardian, but they didn't even tell me that! I had NO IDEA they were thinking about doing this. This is a colossal mistake. I have yet to email him and tell him this, but it's on the list of things to do today. Seriously - who would think about give ME their child to raise?!? Ack! I get sweaty just thinking about it. What do you think?

No comments: