- I know it has been over a week since I posted last. I really do MISS posting - I just haven't had more than two minutes to myself to type. Since so much has been going on, I thought I'd just post in bullet format today. To organize the events of the last eight days into any kind of order is just about imporssible. So enjoy the bullets of my life:
- Rembember the saying, "the best laid plans of mice and men..." or something like that? I think in my last post I wrote about how hectic my Friday was going to be. Well, everything went well until I got to the drive to Brownville part. I actually got to the tanning and chiropracter appointments early. I was making grat time! Then, as I was driving home, my car broke down. As in the engine konked out and would not go again. I was thirteen miles from the nearest town in a place where no cell phone gets reception. What was I to do? The only thing I could do, really. I got my purse, locked my car, and started walking. Down one of the most rural roads in Maine. In a jean skirt, heels, and dangly earrings. I think thirty cars passed before someone finally stopped and drove me into town so I could call Bear to come get me. Ugh. The irony is that later that night, when he brought me back to my car to see what was wrong with it, it worked fine. As in started right up and had no problems. As in can't take it to the garage unless you can duplicate the problem. So I'm driving it still, but I have no idea when and if it is going to break down again.
- When we finally did get to my parents' house, it was a morning of chores and then off to my aunt's house for my cousin's graduation from college party. It was great to see everyone, and even GREATER to get a list of what people are bringing to my wedding for food. Cold sandwhiches, taco salad, BBQ meatballs, bread pudding, all yummy and all FREE! I also talked to Lori, my cousin who is performing the ceremony. She is going to be great - we went over what we are going to say and she liked the vows Bear and I picked! Now Bear and I just have to memorize them...
- After the party, it was back to my parents' house for more chores. Bear painted chairs while I took the John Deere out for a three-acre spin. I mowed most of Grammie's lawns and remembered where most of the big rocks were....
- Bear and I camped out down to the pond (where the ceremony and reception will be). It was the first time in a tent all year, and we slept great. I can't wait to camp again!
- While in Gardiner, Daddy and I talked about where the canopy, porta potties, and cooking area will go. We got the float in and talked about when the gravel will be coming in to level out the ground. Bear and I will go back down as soon as the gravel is there to help out.
- The school year is almost done; I am teaching my last unit of the year. I'm trying to get everything together for finals, get papers graded and figure out what the rest of the year is going to look like. I have a ton of work still to do.
- I got the butcher paper "tablecloths" that we will be using for the wedding. I rolled the butcher paper cart into my room and cut off seventeen tables' worth of paper. I'm a thief, I know, but no one will miss it and it will really help me out.
- The poetry anthology my students created went off to the publisher on Thursday. It will be ready on the fifteenth. I can't WAIT until the kids see it! I spent hours and hours putting everything together (the table of contents, the format, etc.) and it looks great (if I do say so myself).
- Memorial day wasn't spent honoring any veterans (although I have the utmost respect and honor for them)... it was spent at AC Moore and Wal Mart and IParty getting stuff for the wedding - ribbon, balloons, toys for kids to play with (I bought crayons, squirt guns, pinwheels, a frisbee, tons of cool stuff). I made out quite well, actually.
- I tried on my dress again - it fits a little better, although I could still lose some fat around my hips to make it drape a bit better. I still have no idea what I'm doing with my hair, though. Any ideas?
- Lawns are forever needing to be mowed, I got my vegetable garden in, laundry is piled up waiting for sunny days so I can hang them out. I try to spend part of each afternoon outside working. Today was dump day - Snake brought his truck and we took two loads of stuff to the dump. It will look so much better around here once all that crap is gone! The only major thing left to do is burn the brush. Hopefully that will be done soon.
I think that's about everything. We took pictures of the wedding dress so I will post them in a few minutes. I still have to make my hair and nail appointments and find a cute outfit for the wedding night and for leaving the reception in. Any ideas about that?