It seems like it has been a long time since I posted quotes that my students have been amusing me with. Would you like some more? I hope so, because here are some things I have been overhearing lately:
- "I wish I knew how to say, 'I don't give a ratt's butt in English. [pause] I mean, French."
- "Dude the cops were looking for you last night. Where did you go?"
- Boy 1: Ms. Monroe likes looking at me because I'm pretty.
- Boy 2: Dude, you just called yourself pretty.
- Boy 1: Yeah, it means handsome, you know? Good lookin'.
- Boy 2: Dude, you just called yourself pretty. You're gay.
- Student: where do you want me to put this textbook?
- Ms. Monroe (pointing to the double stack of textbooks each 16 t4extbooks high): Right there.
- Student: Okay, I'm dumb. Sorry.
When does vacation start?