Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Vacation

This week I'm on February vacation - yippee! I'm excited about having the time off. So far I have gone to a basketball tournament, painted a livingroom (including trimwork) and played Burnout 3 on my PS2. I haven't done any homework yet, but that's tonight's job (and tomorrow's, too). I'm hoping that I can have all my grading and assessments done by the end of vacation. I have a lot of grad school homework to do, too. I'm starting to wonder if I will get it all done. I have to convince myself that I will - hopefully create a reality.

In other news, I heard from a friend back home that my ex got married this past summer. I'm not upset (if you met him, you'd see why), but I am a little bothered that he is winning the war of success. He's supposed to be a miserable failure forever, right? I guess not.
I talked to my other ex, Stretch, today. He wants his laser level and hammer back, as well as some old photos. I told him I'd drop them by in exchange for my bike. I also dropped the bombshell that I'm moving in with Bear. He handled it pretty much like I thought he would... he said he'd "expected it sooner or later" and that I obviously do things differently than he does (whatever that means). I honestly don't even care anymore. I can't allow him to make me feel bad/guilty about leaving him, especially when I know I did what was best for me. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have met Bear, and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now.

And after all, isn't that the only thing that matters?

~Amalia~

No comments: