Decision time. How am I going to lose 36 pounds? It works out to three pounds a month, or 10,500 calories (one pound of fat is about 3,500 calories). THAT works out to 350 calories a day. 350 calories is one pepsi and an oreo cookie. If all I had to do is give that up, it'd be easy!
Below is a list of resolutions. For the next several weeks, I am going to be checking in on how I'm doing. I hope to buy my own scale this week, and I have a tape measure too. Bear will measure me to insure impartiality.
- No more soda! Water and 100% fruit juice are best. Crystal light is okay, and iced tea will work in a pinch.
- At least twenty minutes of cardio every day. Sex counts, as long as I'm on top. :)
- Fruit for breakfast whenever possible. Bananas are great, as is watermelon. I'm beginning to enjoy cherries, too.
- Stay away from dairy! I'm lactose intolerant, so this one shouldn't be too difficult. However, taking a lactaid makes it all too easy to eat Dairy Queen. Do they have frozen yogurt?
- Wait at least half an hour before eating dessert. Often if I do this, I end up not craving it.
How have I done so far?
In the last five days, I have played tennis (1), gone swimming (3) and biked (1), adding up to five days of physical activity IN A ROW. I've had a couple of sodas in that time, but I have cut back. I need to work on upping my water intake next. This morning for breakfast I had a banana and a cherry (then I broke down and had two crackers with sharp cheese). Still, it's something.
Bear has been great about motivating me, although I think he feels bad - he views it as nagging, when I view it as much needed encouragement. "I can resist anything but temptation," someone once said. Bear must be my willpower at least until I start to see results.
156 here I come!!