Thursday, July 20, 2006

Funny How Something so Small...

Can have such a big impact!
Yesterday while I was running errands, I picked up a pair of swimming goggles. Bear and his best friend Frenchie and I go swimming almost daily at Schoodic Lake (in Sebec/Milo area), and they tease me because I don't open my eyes underwater. Last night I put these goggles on and BAM! What a difference. This lake is amazing clear, and with goggles on I could see so much! It was really terrific. As an added bonus, I was able to swim freestyle the correct way (with your face in the water) and swam farther and faster than I ever have before. I DEFINITELY got my cardio in yesterday. I was so proud of myself! Of course, now I feel like I slacked the other half-dozen times I went swimming, because I didn't work nearly so hard. Tonight I want to swim out past the point and back. I want to see how long it takes me and how winded I get. As the summer progresses, I'm hoping to get more efficient.
Today my plans include doing dishes and laundry, calling my mother and mowing the lawn. I'd be mowing right now but the grass is wet and I don't want to slip and lose a toe to the mower. Ouch. So I'm going to wait until 9:30ish.
The scale this morning said 184.8 That is 5.2 pounds lost so far. Yeay!

1 comment:

Sue Flaska said...

When are you going to post a picture of the happy couple? Isn't that how life goes? The smallest things make all the difference. Oh, but the way, I looked to the crazy garage sale woman, and eventually she said,

"Oh. I didn't see the eyes."

The eyes? How about the size difference or the mouth full of teeth. Idiot.