Friday, July 28, 2006

Check in #2

This morning I weighed 183.2. Yeay! Progress is slow, but it IS progress.
I'm still drinking soda, but I think I've had maybe eight ounces all week... I give the rest of the can to Bear or just take a sip off of his. That way I'm avoiding craving it but still nbot sabotaging my plan to lose weight. I made macaroni and cheese last night and used real milk instead of Lactaid milk - boy, was THAT a mistake. Stomach cramps, diarrhea... a smorgasboard of pain and discomfort. Now I'm dehydrated. Ugh. I'm hitting the 100% juice and water heavy today.

For weekend plans, we are going to my parents' house for their annual Road Kill Cookout. We don't actually eat roadkill, although we do have deer, moose and turkey to eat. They were hunted legally, I promise. It's called the Road Kill Cookout because the first year they had the cookout a woman hit a deer in front of our house and gave my father the deer meat. We ate it the following year.
The cookout is a little late this year becuase my brother Moose and his new wife Red will be home for it. Moose is the Air Force Linguist of the year as well as the Department of Defense linguist of the year for last year. It's a huge thing to say that. He speaks arabic and was instrumental in uncovering intelligence in the war. His wife Red is a southern woman a few years older than him. I don't know how she puts up with him, but she does - they were married in March. The cookout is part wedding reception for them.
Of course, when I asked Mom if it were also going to be part engagement party for me, she said no. *sigh* And so the Prodigal Son strikes again....

~Amalia~

No comments: