Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An amazing meal I INVENTED!!

I texted my husband this afternoon and asked him what he wanted for dinner. I was going to cook and wanted to know what he wanted before I stopped at the grocery store. "Just surprise me," the reply said.

Here's what I came up with.

Open-faced turkey & asiago paninis

breast of turkey, shredded
italian bread, sliced
wedge asiago cheese (you can get this shredded, but it's more expensive)
red, green, and yellow peppers
onion
garlic butter/garlic spread
olive oil

Using a brush, spread olive oil in the slices of bread (both sides). Place on cookie sheet and bake @ 400 degrees for a few minutes until lightly browned. You may have to flip the pieces over half way through, depending on the quality of your cookie sheet.

While bread is cooking, pour a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and add small diced pieces of all three peppers (use about 1/4 of each pepper). Once that's cooking, chop up the onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion) to pieces the same size and add those to the pan. Cook until soft.

Cube the asiago cheese wedge into small pieces. Set aside.

Take bread out of oven and cool for a few minutes. Spread garlic butter on bread, add shredded turkey. On top of that place a spoonful of the pepper/onion combo, and top with asiago cheese. Place back into the oven for about five minutes until everything is all warm and melty.

Eat!

Please - if you try this, leave a comment telling me how it is! I'd love to hear your opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative, you kill me. I could never think this up in a million years. I am going to try this, I promise because it sounds really great and it sounds like even I could handle it. I will let you know. You amaze me!

Fox In Detox said...

Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? :o) I even found a Whole Foods Market only 8 miles away!