Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Good and Bad

Good: Bear and I had a fabulous Labor Day weekend, which included a trip to Portland to get lots of things for us. Well really for me. I got a new pair of running sneakers, running pants, a pink running t-shirt, 5 new pairs of undies from Victoria's Secret, and some other stuff I can't remember right now. We bought birthday gifts for Mark and Tara (their birthdays were the 3rd and 8th, respectively), which was a lot of fun because we had the money to spend on them and they are fairly easy to shop for. My dad's birthday is the 15th, and I have no idea what to get him.

Bad: After running a hills course on Monday, I think I have shin splints. I tried running yesterday and only got a single mile before I had to stop and walk. I was in tears not only because it hurt, but because I'm worried that now I won't be able to run in the 5k race I've been training for. The race is the 19th.

Good: I received in the mail the $500 Visa gift card I won on the blog Suburban Turmoil a couple of weeks ago. We celebrated by going to Bangor last night and eating at Pizza Hut.

Bad: I'm lactose intolerant, and pizza has a *lot* of cheese on it.

I'm tired today, but am trying to find the energy I need to work with the little ones today and work at Rite Aid tonight.

How are you doing?

1 comment:

Fox In Detox said...

Hang in there girl...you'll make it...you'll run it...and you'll feel better about it.