Thursday, March 05, 2009

I have NUMBERS!

I don't think I have mentioned it here, but a few weeks ago my manager at job #2 notified me that she was recommending me for a shift supervisor position. I was thrilled! No more plain old cashiering for me - nope! This promotion would mean that I could get my own change, that I could approve things that needed manager approval, that I could open the safes and front doors (I'd even have a code to the alarm!!). I would be on the floor each shift instead of behind the counter.
Over the past two weeks, I have been in training for the new position. I know now how to do the Daily Business Report, how to operate the safes, do money orders and a host of other things. The only thing that has been missing has been my "numbers": a six digit code that grants me access to the finer workings of the company. My training really can't be completed without it, and I've been eager to begin this final phase.

I got a voicemail today from my manager - I HAVE NUMBERS! The district manager stopped by and gave me that final piece. Now I am officially in the final stages of my training. Wahoo!

No word yet on a raise.

2 comments:

Alice said...

You go girl...and tell them the real numbers you are interested in are the ones on your paycheck. :)

Fox In Detox said...

Great job! That's awesome... now lets hope that some of those numbers do end up in your pocket at the end of the week.