Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Blah

It is drizzling here today. Again. In fact, over the last three weeks, we have had only two sunny days. I'm not exaggerating - the weather here is miserable. It is so difficult to get up in the morning when it is still dark out due to cloud cover. It is even more difficult to listen to our apologetic weather man pronounce another day of clouds, drizzle and fog. The grass in Maine is still green. I'm 25, and I've never seen that happen. Usually by mid-September it is burnt to an orange crisp that doesn't recover until May. The seagulls marching back and forth searching for lunch outside my window are wearing gum rubbers and little yellow rain caps. They are tired of their diet of watered-down worms.

I think I may have found someone to marry Bear and I (finally). It was the one detail I was starting to get nervous about. I'm going to officially ask her in a bit, but she seemed amenable to the idea and is someone who will be at the wedding anyway. I'm cautiously optomistic.

There isn't much else to report today... my students are reading a Shakespearian play this week. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

~Amalia~

No comments: