I love my husband. He is very good to me. And usually, he is good *for* me - I believe he makes me a better person.
Except when he doesn't.
Except when he tempts me with something fun and fabulous, but will mean I have to break a rule. Lie. Do something I'm not supposed to.
This is what's happening right now.
You see, we are leaving Friday afternoon to go to my Aunt and Uncle's farm in Washington County, Maine. As soon as I am home from teaching, we will hop in the car and drive to the coast. My husband has decided that he is taking the whole day off ...
And he wants me to do it, too.
And he makes some really good arguments.
If I take Friday off, I will:
- Get french toast, bacon, and coffee for breakfast - and he'll bring it to me in bed.
- Have $20 to spend at Fiberphilia, Orono's yarn store.
- Get extra time on the coast - towns like Machias, Eastport, and more.
- Maybe go to Machias' yarn store, too.
- Have to spend less time in a vehicle (I have tendinitis in my legs which makes sitting for long periods excruciatingly painful).
- Make my husband very, very, happy.
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. I may try to schedule a doctor's appointment for that morning so that I can get all the fun things, but also legitimately be out of school that day. And really, wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?