Monday, November 03, 2008

It's November!

It's November in the Bear household. That means that over the next 30 or so days, I'll be doing the following:

  • Voting (Election day is tomorrow - get out and VOTE!)
  • Giving a presentation at an inservice day at school on 11/7
  • Finishing my twelve-day stretch of working at least one job every day
  • Staying home from school on 11/11, Veteran's Day. I will call my daddy to thank him.
  • Completing the winterization of the house by putting plastic over our drafty windows
  • Updating my Christmas list
  • Begin shopping for Christmas gifts for my family and Bear's
  • Getting a new-to-us fridge from Bear's Godparents
  • Visiting my brother and sister-in-law
  • Finishing T-Licious' wedding shawl (it was supposed to be done 10/11)
  • Figuring out what Bear and I are doing for Thanksgiving
  • Going to my friend Caitlin's wedding
  • Knitting my entrelac scarf
  • Working, working, working
It's the last item that's been the toughest lately. I haven't had a day off since October 26, and won't until November 8. I feel like when I type it, it doesn't sound so bad, but the reality is that I can't get anything accomplished at home because I'm working so much, and if I'm not working, I'm too tired to do anything. There are dishes by the sink that have been waiting more than a week to be washed. The floor needs vacuuming, the laundry pile is bigger than I am... there's a lot that needs to be done. Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed I just sit down and look at it all. I don't know where to begin! I think I need someone to tell me what to do first. Then maybe I could get something accomplished.

~Amalia~

PS A reminder to Bear - we need to pick our favorite photos to be made into 8x10s tonight to tell your aunt.

3 comments:

Fox In Detox said...

Knit the scarf first. It's getting cold in them thar hills! While you're doing that...make your Thanksgiving plans. You need to stake your claim on that pumpkin pie, or it will be gone.

Heather said...

Good point, fox! We may just be home, the two of us this year. If that's the case, Bear's in charge of cooking turkey, stuffing, etc., and I'm in charge of dessert! I'm thinking pumpkin and apple pies, and maybe pumpkin chip cookies, too?

Alice said...

I say go for the dishes. I hate doing them...but once they're done the kitchen automatically looks cleaner and it makes you feel a sense of accomplishment. Sorta like making the bed always makes the room "appear" clean. :) Hang in there - you don't have too much longer til an off day. I hope you plan on doing something for YOU and not all your chores!