Thursday, May 29, 2008

Post # 250!

Two hundred and fifty posts. That's what this post is. That might not sound like a lot to most people, but it means a lot to me. It means that although I'm far from perfect, I have followed through on my commitment to myself to write my life. I've always wished I was a writer. I may not have a novel deal or make any money, but I still feel as though that's a title that applies to me. It means that two years ago, when I told myself that I needed to make a commitment to writing as often as possible, I followed through. That's a good feeling.

Could I do better? Certainly. It's been more than two years since I started blogging - I should have more than 500 posts, surely. Could I focus more on crafting stories, and less on reporting the minutiae of my life? Of course. But let's face it - that just wouldn't be me. And finding my voice through this blog is one of my proudest accomplishments.

~boutrosbabe~

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats! Writing is such a blessing and I'm glad you found your voice.

Alice said...

I feel the same way about my blog, too.