Monday, April 10, 2006

Doesn't Get Any Better

I am officially all moved in to my new place. I'm in a Bear's den, complete with a giant, warm, fuzzy bear to keep me warm. My things aren't all where they need to be (much of my stuff is in the garage), but at least they are all in one place. Bear and I busted our butts last week to get everything moved. I really owe him for all of the extra work he's done. Actually, I owe him for all he's done, including welcoming me into his home and rearranging things to fit me in. We got the kitchen organized, as well as the bathroom. The other rooms are pretty much a mess. The weather is turning nice, and Bear is building me a raised bed garden for me to plant flowers and vegetables. I can't wait to play in the dirt!
We are trying to clean things up and get them put together as we go, working around our busy shcedules and all the other things we have to do. I've raked part of the lawn (more still to be done), and together we picked up the trash and crap that was around the house. I discovered some tulips out back and uncovered them. We will be planting sunflowers, columbine, impatiens, chives, basil, lavender, carrots, tomatos, green peppers, daisies, gladiolus, and of course, stargazer lillies. I need to find some more low plants like alyssum to put in the front of the box, as I'm trying to create a cascade effect.

Life with Bear is pretty much perfect.

I saw my parents Saturday at the Bangor Flower Show. Bear and I met them there, and we all had lunch later. We all get along so great - I love it. Bear has said that he likes my parents. I'm glad, expecially since he doesn't have any. I hope that once we're married, he will be able to look at them as surrogate parents. For the first time in my life, I'm not sad to see that happen.

That's all I have for now, I guess. With no negative drama to dish about, I'm afraid life isn't that interesting to read. But I'm not complaining. Far from it. I'll take boring and blissful over dramatic and dreadful any day.

~Amalia~

No comments: