Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 1

Today is the first day of Bear's layoff from work. After today, there are 27 days remaining of the layoff (hopefully). When the alarm went off at a quarter to six this morning, I did not want to go to work. I just wanted to snuggle back into the warmth of Bear's body and go back to bed.

But I got up.

And I went to work.


So now I'm here, and I'm wondering what he's doing. Has he started painting my craft room? Will he be thinking about me while he is home alone? Will the cats be into every thing he's doing? How many texts can we send each other while I'm supposed to be teaching?

And finally: How long until I can go home to him?

Because that's what I want the most. I want to be with him. My husband is my most favorite person on this earth, and it kills me that I had to get into a cold car and drive away from him this morning. That I have to be here for eight hours while he is home, renovating a room in his house for me.

Seven hours left to go.


~Amalia~

PS When I get home tonight (after I greet Bear), I will post progress pics of my craft room on my other blog. Feel free to check it out!

5 comments:

Bear said...

Didn't I already do that last night?

Fox In Detox said...

Maybe you guys could start a home business? Just a thought...although sometimes too much closeness gets a little claustrophobic, or maybe that's just me. :o)

Birds of A Feather said...

Why is it I can invision little kitty paint paw prints all through the house?

Alice said...

I feel that way about Ervin, too. He doesn't work on Fridays...and it is all I can do to leave him. :)

Jenny said...

Aw, I know the feeling. Since I work from home I'm always wishing my hubs could stay home w/ me and not have to get up and leave for work so early.