Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good News and Bad News

I really need to blog more, so that I don't have to write such monstrous updates when I finally do post. Here, in bulleted form, is what's been going on. All things are either Good News (GN) or Bad News (BN):

  • BN. Bear's rehab is going too slowly for his surgeon's liking. Instead of being cleared to go back to work, Dr. Wexler has ordered 6 more weeks of physical therapy. If Bear is not significantly better than he is now, there may be another surgery.
  • GN. Things are going swimmingly for my fiber shop, Highland Handmades. So well, in fact, that I've begun a video podcast about it. It's called The Fiberista Files. I hope you'll consider watching! The videos are short (under ten minutes) and you get to see me, living my passion.
  • BN. I'm officially being laid off at the end of the school year.
  • BN. Administration hasn't told me yet. I heard it from a student who was at the meeting, and subsequently from other teachers who were there.
  • GN. I've decided to celebrate instead of cry. This week my students and I will be having a Pink Slip Party, where we watch The Blind Side and eat popcorn and snacks. We're not done learning for the year, but I am determined to show my students that one can make the best of a situation.
  • GN. I may have a job lined up for next year. It's not teaching - it's better. I can't talk about it yet, but it has potential life-altering possibilities. Good ones. Amazing ones.
  • GN. With Bear's enthusiastic encouragement, I'll be doing my first trade show for my fiber business. The Maine Fiber Frolic is June 5-6 and I'll be a vendor at this event. I'll be crazy busy until then, but I'm so so so excited. Bear has been HUGE in this - encouraging, building, guiding, helping ... I'd be lost without him.
  • GN. Jackson continues to grow like a weed and delight me daily. The pup, who's about a week shy of being five months old, is a whopping 52.2 POUNDS! I can't wait to see just how big he's going to get. I'll have to post new pictures soon, with a puppy pic for comparison.
So that's what's going on in my life ... how about in yours?

6 comments:

Alice said...

So glad you're back and to hear things (overall) are going well for you guys! Sorry about your job - but trust me, sometimes being laid off is a HUGE blessing in disguise. I can't wait to watch your videos!

Things are good for us in Georgia - Austin is growing, Ervin is working, I'm still exercising (but not losing like I would like)....and you know, just normal day-to-day stuff. It was a tough few weeks though. With giving up Scout (we found her a wonderful home), finding out about CJ, and moving my Pop to a nursing home.

Please post pictures of Jackson. I can't believe that sweet little pup is 50+ pounds!!

Fox In Detox said...

The good news sounds like it's finally outweighing the bad. I'm happy for you, and I hope your new job turns out exactly like you want it to be.

Jenny said...

Can't wait to hear about the new job opportunity (and wow about Jackson - they grow up so fast!)

:-)

Leah said...

I'm right there with you on the job ups and downs! Hope you got to stop into Idyillium (in Bar Harbor) last fall, I'm currently looking for a new location in the Rockland area. I'll be with my mom's yarn (Starcroft Fiber Mill) at Fiber Frolic, see you there!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that the good things seem to be outweighing the bad and you are doing what you really love to do. I can't wait to hear more about your future job opportunity! I can't believe the Administrators did not come to you directly. Very professional.
I hope Bear's rehab. gets better and he avoids any further surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Please post more pictures on Jackson. I bet he is so CUTE!!!!!
Take Care!

Chanel said...

Gucci Princy Medium Boston Handbag is the bag you always would not start with among the gucci handbags collection. But I think you need to prepare one in your wardrobe. Be it formal or casual, it is so classic and I wish I can own one. Ha, if one would make it a surpring present for me, it would be so excited. I was beyond pleased to see that there are replica Gucci Princy Medium Boston Handbag available.